California's Recognized Flat Roofing Experts
Vision Roofing is a full-service specialty roofing contractor dealing primarily in SBS modified bitumen and Single-Ply flat deck assemblies. Either technology can be utilized successfully given the right layout and site-specific technical needs.
It has been said that flat roofing has been more difficult to replace than traditional roofs due to how they are made, especially flat roofs that have aged. In California, Vision Roofing and our roofing contractor pros are able to install a flat roof on your home and create a maintenance plan so that your flat roof will last for years. If you are seeking a roofing contractor company that you can depend on for all of your roofing and roofing repair needs, then reach out to the only roofing experts in California that you can count on.
Professional Installation And Maintenance
Many of the potential problems that a flat roof can cause, like water retention, roof leaks, and breakage or rot, are caused by poor installation or maintenance. Our customers do not have to worry about poor installation with us. We pay close attention to the roof during the construction phase to avoid future problems altogether. Inspection to a flat roof to keep it as new as possible is recommended on a yearly basis or after a torrential rain or storm. The professional roofers at Vision Roofing understand roof safety techniques and precautions and will apply them to all your personalized roofing projects, no matter how big or small.
TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin) and PVC (polyvinyl chloride) are single-ply membrane roofing systems has been available for more than 15 years. They have gained popularity as roofers and building owners alike have learned about their superior resistance to weathering and reliable heat-welded seams.
Single-Ply membrane roofing systems, or more commonly known as TPO or PVC roofing systems, are popular because of their white color and corresponding reflective properties.
- Saves You Money
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) and Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) roofing membranes are extremely eco-friendly. The white color composition reflects heat and allows for cooler and more consistent temperature control. This feature results in reduction in energy costs when companies use less electricity and/or gas to run their air conditioning systems.
Single-ply membrane systems are engineered to provide quality and dependable performance at a very cost-effective price. In warmer climates, these systems have shown to last longer than almost all of flat roof systems, saving companies money in maintenance and restoration costs.
Modified Bitumen (MB) roofing is an asphalt-based, close cousin of the Built-up-Roof (BUR) designed for buildings with low-slope or “flat” roof structures. Engineered modified bitumen roofing membranes originated in Europe in the mid 1960’s and have been used successfully in the United States and Canada since approximately 1975. Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems are designed to withstand harsh exposure to extreme environmental elements. With five layers of protection, it’s one of the most trusted flat roofing systems used in the industry today.
5 Layer System
The framework for Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems is a five-layer combination of roofing components.
- Insulation – Used to provide “R” value, or thermal resistance, for temperature stability of the roof system.
- Modified Base Sheets or Plies
- Modified Bitumen Membranes – Factory fabricated sheet membrane composed of co-polymer reinforced with polyester or fiberglass
- Adhesive – Waterproofing material with a bonding agent applied either hot or cold
- Surfacing – Provides UV protection and weathering resistance
Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing
- Proven track record of performance
- Superior waterproofing characteristics
- Broad range of application methods
- Wide choice of top-surfacing, including “Cool Roofing” options>
- With insulation, provides an even better-performing building component
- High tensile-strength
- Available as part of a fire, wind, and/or hail rated roofing system
- Competitive life-cycle cost
- Available with flame-free and VOC-free installation
- Long-term warranties are available with many MB systems